Visits with your aging parents often are a wake-up call this time of year. None of us can predict how we will age. Aging can be a gradual process for some but for others, the changes happen much faster. It can be shocking after not seeing them for a few months.
If you’re visiting your aging loved one this holiday season, be sure to look for the following warning signs
1. Unusually unkempt appearance.
2. Inability to track the conversation.
3. Repeating one’s self over and over again.
4. Unsteady on their feet, recent falls.
5. Unattended paperwork around the house.
While you may want to keep things light during the holiday season, do take this opportunity to address any red flags that you observe. Collect any necessary information while you are in town to avoid added frustration and confusion in the event of a crisis down the road.
Boomers Transitions helps families create a stress free and seamless transition for their loved ones.